Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Requirements Document

The requirement elicitation process and the creation of our requirements document was somewhat of a team effort. David and I did hold brainstorming sessions down at Vertical Power, but he didn't quite grasp the level of detail we needed for the functional requirements and didn't seem to have studied the documents Kevin provided (marketing reqs and the CU functional reqs) enough to have a clear understandingof exactly what we needed to do. I developed probably 95% of the functional requirements and did all of the write up for that section of the document. David did contribute by creating the rest of the requirements document but I think we could have done a much better job following the examples in the book and the Volere template rather than the bare bones Vertical Power version we did use as a guideline.

In an attempt to try and get David more familiar with the functional reqs we would need to implement I suggested he develop the test procedures and requirements to prove out each of our functional requirements. He took on the assignment but both Kevin and I feel that portion of our project needs a bit more work.

No comments: